Adding the Facebook Pixel is a fundamental step every business owner must take if they want to do Facebook advertising like a pro and to stop using the Boost Post button.
Follow our 8 easy steps to add the Facebook pixel to WordPress without a plugin to reduce unnecessary plugins on your website, thus improving your SEO.
8 Easy Steps To Add The Facebook Pixel To WordPress
- Open up your Facebook Business Manager
- Open the menu with the 3 white lines and click on “Pixels”
- In the top right hand side click “Set up” and then select the middle option “Manually Install the Code Yourself. Copy the code found under step 2 by clicking on the window. It should flash green.
- Now login to your WordPress website
- In the left-hand menu navigate to Appearance > Editor
- In the right-hand sidebar open your Theme Header file, this will be identified by a (header.php) filename
- In the section of code that just opened up look for <head> create a new line by hitting enter
- Paste the code you’ve copied from Facebook in Step 3 and hit Update File at the bottom of the screen.
Voila! You’re done. You’ve just manually installed the Facebook Pixel code into your WordPress website without using plugins or other integration managers. This will reduce the load on your server, improving on the time it takes to get your website up, ultimately improving the experience of site visitors and pushing your Google rankings up.
Do you need any more reasons why you should install the Facebook Pixel manually? Use our easy steps and to it error free, without crashing your site.